The 10th International Summer School will be held in Kinsale, Ireland, jointly with our member Clann Credo from June 25 to June 30 2017.
We will focus on topics such as:
• Origins, context, core business activities, products and services of Social Banks
• Recent and future developments in the context of Social Banking such as new business models
(in the light of low interest margins, regulations & digitalisation)
• Innovations in the context of Social Banking & Finance
• International perspective: comparing and contrasting Social Banks
• Community financing, partnerships and collaboration
We are using a range of different methods:
• Keynote, lectures, workshops, labs, finance fair, showcasing of projects / clients, networking,
• A good mixture of academics and experts from the field to provide depth in content
• Reflecting on one’s practice
• Thinking out of the box
• Encouragement and guidance to explore creative resources (like drawing, acting or movement)
as practical ways of artful knowing
What will you learn?
• Experience the spirit of social banking
• Learn about social banks and their roots, values, definition…
• Get to know the international perspectives and work of social banking and finance
• Broaden your horizon and be inspired for your daily work
You are invited to come to the enchanting south west coast of Ireland. The Summer School takes
place at the Trident Hotel in Kinsale. Kinsale is a very picturesque Irish port and fishing village
close to Cork city.